Using harsh ingredients on our hair will only harm your tresses and scalp in the long run. Here's what to look out for and why:
- Sulphate-based products may leave your hair feeling squeaky clean, but these products can be drying and stripping on our hair
- It is a lathering agent that can strip your hair of its natural moisture, natural oils and proteins, making your tresses dry and brittle. It can cause scalp irritation too
- Not ready to ditch the sulphates? In your own time. We suggest pre-shampooing before washing your hair as it will give you that extra layer of protection and preserve moisture
- Silicone-based products are used to give slip to a product which to a degree helps us detangle with ease and add shine - but overtime it can be damaging to our hair
- It can create a barrier over your hair which deters the penetration of moisture going into the hair shaft which is what we need for healthy hair
- The barrier creates excessive build-up. Rid the silicones using a clarifying cleanser like our Coconut Mint Curl Refresh Clay Wash
- Many studies have shown products that contain Parabens don't have an instant effect, on us but overtime could be damaging to our hair and skin
- It is a preservative that makes our hair and beauty products last longer. Products on the shelves containing Parabens only have a small percentage which we are still able to use - although with excessive use of parabens on our hair it can damage the hair shaft from the inside out
- Both of these ingredients are heavy and tend to create a barrier that sits on top of our hair strands overtime
- In time, products will not be able to penetrate our hair, which can then lead to product build-up, moisture and protein deprivation
Did you know?
In the ingredients section of your favourite hair products, the items at the very top are the most concentrated. Meaning the product contains more of these ingredients. For example: if the first ingredient is water, then the product is highly made with water. If Olive Oil is the last or few to last ingredients, then there is very little Olive Oil.
Will you be saying no to the harsh ingredients? It's time to give your curls and scalp the love they deserve for them to truly flourish. Let your curls blossom, now and forever with our plant-powered products for true hydration. Learn more about our collections.